Adapt Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Collagen Latte
Autumn is coming! For many of us, this also means the return of our favorite boots, warm sweaters… and all things pumpkin spice.
Before heading to your favorite coffee shop chain for a pumpkin spice latte, consider these numbers – a 16-ounce latte with 2% milk and whipped cream is 380 calories, 14g of fat and 50g of sugar. According to the American Heart Association, that’s double the recommended maximum amount of added sugar most of us should eat in a day!
How about making your own version to avoid a major sugar crash and load up on some amazingly healthy collagen while you’re at it?!?
Why Should I Use Collagen?
As we’ve previously discussed on the blog, collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is found in skin, muscles, blood, bones, cartilage and ligaments. While our bodies naturally produce collagen every day, production tends to slow down as we get older.
Collagen is a vital building block that:
- Increases skin elasticity, has anti-aging properties and strengthens hair and nails
- Is fundamental to healthy cell reproduction especially in the body’s connective tissues
- Keeps joints strong and flexible, and supports strong bones
- Helps build muscle mass and burn fat, giving the body the fuel it needs to power through a workout and improve performance
- Improves digestive health, strengthens the gut and aids in weight loss by boosting the metabolism
- Enhances sleep and reduces issues related to fatigue
The right collagen supplement can positively affect the body from the inside-out. Always use one that is sourced from the highest-quality ingredients, free of unhealthy fillers, is non-GMO and made with all natural, grass-fed and pasture-raised organic collagen proteins.
Adding Adapt Collagen into meals and snacks is an easy way to supplement a diet’s proper collagen levels. Unlike others on the market, this one is flavorless and easily dissolves in hot or cold liquids.
Pumpkin Spice Collagen Latte Recipe
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or raw cream
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tablespoons erythritol or other sweetener, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra strong, hot coffee
- 2 scoops Adapt Collagen
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer water, cream, puree, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt to heat through and dissolve sweetener.
- Place the coffee, collagen and saucepan ingredients in the blender. Blend on high until a bit frothy and well mixed, serve immediately.