Enhancing Your Keto Diet with Ketone Supplements
If you’ve been considering the popular ketogenic (or keto) diet, then you’ve probably heard that staying in ketosis is not exactly a walk in the park. The typical American diet is ridiculously high in carbs and sugar, making the transition to ketosis challenging.
However, the benefits are major since achieving ketosis rebalances blood sugar, ghrelin, and leptin – essentially helping to control hunger and cravings. For people who may need a little more help sticking to the diet, adding an exogenous ketones supplement might be the right answer.
Ketones are produced by the liver and are byproducts of the body breaking down fat for energy. When you have a low-carb diet, your body will rely on stored up fat for energy instead of glucose. As a result, sugar levels are lowered and fat is burned.
What are ketones?
Additionally, while the body produces three types of ketones (acetoacetate, beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB, and acetone), the most common ketone found in exogenous ketone supplements is BHB because the body can use it most efficiently.
While exogenous ketones also fuel the body, they are different from regular ketones because they are not produced by the body, but rather are ingested by taking supplements.
What are the benefits of exogenous ketones?
Simply put – high-quality exogeneous ketones imitate ketosis typically achieved through a keto diet. Additionally, studies show exogenous ketones also aid in:
- Reducing the side effects of achieving ketosis, such as the “keto flu.” Symptoms include feeling tired, foggy and body aches, and are usually caused by your body’s tissues looking for glucose and not producing enough ketones to fill the gaps. Since most common exogenous ketones contain salt, they also give the body the electrolytes it needs to avoid feeling mentally and physically drained.
- Returning to ketosis quicker after splurging on carb-filled foods. While the body will still need to burn the carbs consumed before it starts making its own ketones, adding exogenous ketones can help you feel more energetic during this process and help avoid a longer transition back into ketosis.
- Training harder and recovering quicker. If used before and during exercise, exogenous ketones can help provide additional energy, allowing you to complete intense workouts and achieve important fitness gains.
- Increasing mental performance. Exogenous ketones are similar to nootropics because they both optimize focus, memory, efficiency and other cognitive benefits.
- Encouraging weight loss. Exogenous ketones are a great supporting player when the building blocks of nutrition and exercise are also in place. Since achieving ketosis causes the body to utilize stored and ingested fat as its primary fuel source, adding exogenous ketones increases fat metabolism while staving off hunger.
Because there are many different types of ketone supplements out there, choosing one that’s made with the highest quality of exogenous ketones is important. Luckily, Adapt Supplements has created Keto Blast to enhance your keto experience.
About Adapt Keto Blast
Packed with a full serving of fat loss stimulating exogeneous ketone salts in the form of goBHB, Adapt Keto Blast helps you rapidly reach ketosis – often in less than 60 minutes. Made free of caffeine, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and harmful additives, Keto Blast provides sustainable, jitter-free energy while optimizing your fuel source and body composition goals.
Adapt Keto Blast is most effectively used in accordance with a healthy exercise regimen and a low carb diet. You should consult with a licensed physician, doctor and/or nutritionist prior to making any dietary or lifestyle changes. Available in a refreshing, naturally-flavored Raspberry Lemonade flavor, Keto Blast comes in an easy-to-mix powder that easily dissolves into 12-16 ounces of any keto-approved beverage. Most people use Keto Blast in the morning, before workouts or anytime during the day for a burst of energy and increased focus.