Nootropics | Why are they so important to brain health?
Also known as “smart drugs,” nootropics are becoming increasingly popular with people looking to give themselves a boost for critical tasks, such as studying, exams and work deadlines. For years, Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, Wall Street investors, and college students have turned to natural, prescription, and even illegal nootropics to improve cognitive function – specifically memory, creativity, intelligence and mental performance.
What are Nootropics?
Nootropics taken in a supplement form have the potential to improve virtually every aspect of your life. In the same way that caffeine in coffee can wake you up and get you ready for the day, nootropics supplements are an effective mood and wakefulness booster. Taken safely, they can be used for a range of functional benefits including optimal brain health, memory retention, mental clarity, and increased energy and focus.
As their popularity continues to grow, the market is increasingly becoming saturated with low-quality and ineffective nootropic supplements. Worst of all, these so-called brain-enhancing supplements are filled with artificial colors, preservatives and synthetic additives that can have an adverse effect on your overall health.
This is why we felt it was crucial to develop Adapt Cognition – a vegan-friendly and junk-free nootropic supplement sourced from the highest quality ingredients. Taken daily in the morning or afternoon for a mental boost, Cognition does not contain caffeine and is a natural alternative to the potentially adverse side effects of attention-deficit medications.
Using a “stacking strategy,” we combined Vitamins B-3 and B-12 with multiple nootropic multi-taskers to boost brain power in different ways:
- Bacopa monnieri enhances brain function, speeds up information processing, reduces reaction time and improves memory.
- A building block for the millions of cells in your brain, Phosphatidylserine prevents cognitive decline and improves mood, focus, and performance.
- Ginkgo biloba is one of the most common and effectively-used supplements for cognitive enhancement. Taken daily, it can also decrease levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Rhodiola Rosea helps the body handle stress more effectively. Studies show that is can improve mood and decrease feelings of burnout or mental fatigue.
- Used for its cognitive-promoting properties, Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine (or Alpha GPC) can also enhance performance in athletes. Combined with other pre-workout supplements like Adapt Burst, Alpha GPC can aid in fueling that last sprint or completing one more set during your workout.
- Dimethylaminoethanol (also known as DMAE) plays a key role in learning and memory, as well as lessening cognitive decline due to aging. Some studies also suggest it has the potential to aid in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Whether you are a professional, student, athlete or someone balancing multiple projects at once, taking a daily nootropic supplement like Adapt Cognition can boost focus and energy, maximize mental clarity, and improve overall memory and mood. Along with exercise, regular sleep and healthy eating habits, it is a great addition to any balanced lifestyle.