The Benefits of a Collagen Powder Supplement
For decades, people have gone to dermatologists to get collagen injections for plumper lips or to soften facial lines. As we hit our mid-20s, collagen starts to break down, which is why cosmetic doctors use it as a soft-tissue filler to help erase lines and plump up cheeks and lips.
Topical collagen affects just one specific area of the body. However, taken as an oral supplement, it can help kickstart your entire system and improve a host of common ailments.
As we’ve previously mentioned on the blog, collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is found in skin, muscles, blood, bones, cartilage, ligaments and other connective tissues. Simply put – it’s the glue that holds our bodies together.
With the advancement of supplements like Adapt Collagen, it is now possible to improve the body from the inside out with ingestible collagen. In fact, third-party tests on our supplement show that it is better absorbed and utilized by the body when taken orally as compared to topical creams, lotions, and ointments with collagen as the main ingredient.
Additionally, recent studies showed the health benefits of taking collagen orally or in a powdered form:
- Improved Skin Elasticity: A study in the Journal of Medical Nutrition & Nutraceuticals found that participants who took collagen peptides orally experienced significant improvements to their skin’s elasticity and hydration and aided in wrinkle prevention.
- Increased Muscle Strength: The British Journal of Nutrition published a study that showed the positive effects of ingestible collagen on muscles. It found that collagen taken as a supplement, along with regular resistance training, decreased fat mass and increased muscle strength compared to those who only did resistance training.
- Reduced Joint Pain and Degeneration: A study by the University of Illinois College of Medicine determined that ingestible collagen can help with pain management for diseases like osteoarthritis and other joint pain and disorders. Beth Israel Hospital in Boston also found that collagen taken orally decreased swollen and tender joints in rheumatoid arthritis patients.
How to Use Adapt Collagen
Adapt Collagen is a 100 percent certified organic, all-natural bovine collagen protein supplement made without the junk and fillers commonly found in lower quality supplements.
Additionally, our collagen is flavorless and easily dissolves in any type of liquid. It’s a perfect addition to beverages like smoothies, shakes, coffee, tea, and water. We’ve even added it to sauces, soups and baked goods!
Easy No-Bake Adapt Collagen Protein Energy Bites
Need a healthy on-the-go snack that is fast and requires little-to-no culinary skills? This recipe combines Adapt Collagen Protein, whole grain oats, honey and your choice of nut butter for an easy and delicious snack.
1 cup oats (use gluten-free if needed)
1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
5 tablespoons of Adapt Collagen Protein
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until a uniformed dough begins to form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Refrigerate the bites until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.